If you would like to uninstall an extension on your Joomla site, then follow these instruction:
- Select “Extensions” and then “Extension Manager” from the dropdown menu
- Select “Manage” on the left menu (3.x) or on the menu below the title “Extension Manager: Manage” (2.5)
- Select the type of extension you wish to uninstall. You will have the choice between Components, Files, Modules, Plugins, Languages and Templates.
- Find the extension you wish to uninstall and check the checkbox to the left of the extension title.
- Press “Uninstall” In the upper-right corner of the screen (2.5) or on below the title “Extension Manager: Manage” (3.0)
If Joomla can’t uninstall the extension, you will be prompted with an error message. As extensions are developed by third-party developers, you will have to try to get support from the developers of the specific extension.