In this blog we want to talk about one of most common questions, Joomla website backup. After a long time of hard work, your Joomla website finally looks as expected. Of course, you want to keep it safe, and restore in case of damage. Backup will help you restore or move existing Joomla website.
First step is backup the database
- Login to Joomla Admin panel.
- Go to System -> Global Configuration -> Server.
- Remember Database Table Prefix.
- Login to Cpanel.
- Go to phpMyAdmin.
- Select your Joomla database table, make sure the prefix is same as in Joomla configuration.
- Click on Export button.
- Select Quick export method ( recommended to started users).
- Select format SQL.
- Click Go.
- Download and save sql file in Folder.
Second Step is backup of Joomla files
- Login to Cpanel
- Select File Manager
- Click on puplic_html directory.
- Select your Joomla directory.
- Click on Select All.
- Click Download.
- Zip downloaded files.
- Move it to the Folder with SQL file.
Now you have saved backup of your Joomla website.